Psychometric personality test is conducted by almost all top Merchant Navy institutes for admission, by all the good shipping companies for the job selection and to provide sponsorship to the fresh candidates. This psychometric personality test is now so much important that it is conducted for experienced Captain and Marine Chief Engineers also if they want to join a company for the first time.
Therefore this test must be taken very seriously by the candidates who want to join Merchant Navy and also by present seafarers if they wish to get a job in good shipping company.
Who has to give Psychometric Personality Test?
This test is very important for below category people:
- 12th Pass candidates who want to get Sponsorship from a reputed shipping company for Diploma in Nautical Science Course (DNS Course Sponsorship).
- 12th Pass candidates who want to get admission in TOP institutes for Diploma in Nautical Science Course (DNS Course).
- Mechanical Engineering Graduates who wish to get admission in TOP institutes for Graduate Marine Engineer (G.M.E.) Course.
- Mechanical Engineering Graduates who wish to get SPONSORSHIP from reputed shipping company for Graduate Marine Engineer (G.M.E.) Course.
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering Graduates & Diploma Holders who wish to get admission in TOP institutes for Electro Technical Officer (E.T.O.) Course.
- Electrical / Electronics Engineering Graduates & Diploma Holders who wish to get SPONSORSHIP from TOP shipping companies for Electro Technical Officer (E.T.O.) Course.
- Experienced Seafarers who want to get JOB in reputed shipping Comapnies.
What is Psychometric Personality Test?
Merchant Navy is a very different type of job than the Shore based jobs. Therefore for merchant navy candidates some special type of personality traits are required. Because of these special personality traits requirement this psychometric personality test has become very important and is being conducted by almost all top institutes and shipping companies.
With the help of psychometric personality test the analysis of behavior and attitude of the candidate is done and a report is made by the psychometric experts. Based on this report company decides whether the candidate has to be selected or rejected.
What type of questions are asked in Psychometric Personality Test?
In psychometric personality test very simple behavior based questions are asked and candidate has to select one of the given five options. These options are also very simple. For example:
Question: Do you like to go out and party with your friends?
- strongly agree
- strongly disagree
You can see that the questions and multiple choice answers look very easy but if you take it lightly and your answers are not as per the requirement then simply you will be rejected by the company or the institute.
Even if you are very talented and you have scored very good in other examinations then also if you fail in psychometric personality test then without any second thought company will reject you.
How to pass in Psychometric Personality Test?
You must have understood the importance of psychometric personality test, therefore you should take this test as seriously as the other subject tests.
For the better preparation of psychometric personality test you should take some practice tests and get the analysis report. So that you know your strengths and weaknesses.
The Other advantage of taking practice test is that you know what type of questions are asked and you have a rough idea of how you should answer. Your whole target is to avoid rejection in psychometric personality test. So if you are well prepared for this test then there is a very strong possibility that you will be selected and not rejected.
For the preparation of psychometric personality test and to take practice test at very low cost contact Marine Republic at 9875305872 and visit our website www.marinerepublicacademy.com