- B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- Diploma in Nautical Science (Deck Cadet Course)
- Graduate Marine Engineering (GME)
- Electro Technical Officer (ETO)
Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies (SIMS) has established itself in the class of India’s Top Maritime Institutes. Following are some important facts about this Institute:
- SIMS is approved by Director General of Shipping of India
- SIMS is affiliated to Indian Maritime University.
- It is owned by World’s on of the biggest ship management company, Executive Ship Management Singapore. It’s one of the biggest employer of Indian Seafarers. Best company to make your career.
- Almost 100% campus job placement record in reputed shipping companies worldwide.
- Excellent infrastructure & world class teaching facilities.
- Totally residential institute with very good hostel facilities.
- Being a private college, its FEES is on Higher side.
How to get admission in Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies (SIMS)?
As SIMS is affiliated to Indian Maritime University, candidates who wish to take admission in Diploma in Nautical Science course (DNS) & in B.Tech Marine Engineering, in this college are required to clear Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU-CET). Candidates have to appear for following exams to take admission in Anglo eastern Maritime Academy:
- IMU-CET. It is compulsory to pass for DNS (Deck Cadet) course & B.tech Marine Engineering course.
- For GME & ETO course IMU-CET is NOT required.
- SIMS entrance exam. Candidate has to clear this exam to take admission in Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies (SIMS).
What is SIMS Entrance Exam and how to prepare for it?
SIMS conducts entrance exams separately for B.Tech, DNS, GME & ETO courses. Candidates who want to take admission in Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies (SIMS) must clear this exam. This is an online computer based exam.
This Exam is in Three parts:
- Written Exam
- Psychometric Personality Test
How to prepare for SIMS Entrance Exam?
SIMS is one of the best Merchant Navy institutes of India & Executive Ship Management is a dream company for Merchant Navy career. If you get admission in SIMS, it guarantees you job in Executive Ship Management, Singapore. That is why thousands of students appear for their entrance exam every year. Due to large number of candidates appearing every year, selection is tough in this college. You need targeted preparation to secure a good rank.
Tips to prepare for SIMS Entrance Exam:
- For DNS & B.Tech candidates Physics, Mathematics & Chemistry is of 12th standard. Just get some previous year questions to understand the level of questions. Prepare from your 12th standard books only. You can join any online test series as well for better preparation.
- GME candidates have to face Mechanical Engineering questions from selected topics like Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, I.C. Engines etc. Getting study material is advisable because it is not possible to cover the entire syllabus.
- ETO candidates have to face Electrical Engineering questions from selected topics. Getting study material is advisable because it is not possible to cover the entire syllabus.
- English & General aptitude is of 10th standard.
- Psychometric Personality Test is the KEY to success. Most of the candidates fail in this test only. You need to specially prepare for it. Expert guidance will be of good help.
- Interview is the final stage. It also requires preparation as it will help you in companies’ sponsorship exam also.
- GME and ETO candidates have to face tough technical questions in Interview. A good “Merchant Navy oriented” preparation is required.
“Prepare from your home. For SIMS sample questions, Test Series, Psychometric Personality Test & Interview Preparation, whatsapp Marine Republic at 9875305872. You will be guided by Merchant Navy Captain & Chief Engineer. Online Packages start from Rs.299 ONLY”